Ten Things I learned and relearned about the church while on maternity leave:
1. It takes a lot of hard work to get it started, but new life is worth all the labor.
2. Rest (Sabbath) is necessary.
3. A lot of singing can dry a lot of tears.
4. There's no such thing as too much love.
5. Sharing the good times is more fun than having them alone.
6. Sharing the hard times is easier than having them alone.
7. People listen better when their stomachs aren't growling so loudly.
8. Newcomers are exciting for some and scary for others.
9. Remember to thank God for little blessings. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow."
10. Even though it's messy, we all need a little change periodically.