Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away. For the past few years when my family and our friends gather for Thanksgiving dinner my mom has asked us each to share one thing we are thankful for. It is one of the “new” Thanksgiving traditions I have come to love and appreciate because it forces me to really think about what I am truly thankful for as well as hear what others are thankful for. It gives me a glimmer of insight into the lives of my family and friends. It is a way we can share our lives with one another and cultivate deeper relationships.

With this in mind I would like to share with you what I am thankful for. I am thankful for my Spiritual Director and the inner transformation that continues to grow because of the way God is working in me through my work with her. I am thankful for the new addition to my family. My brother was married this summer and his wife Sarah and I have become good friends. I am thankful that I live close to my immediate family so that I can see them and interact with them on a regular basis.

I am thankful for my friends and colleagues in Christian Education who take time to listen both in challenging times as well as times of celebration. I am thankful for this support system. I am thankful for the wonderful staff at FPC. It is a joy to come to work each day knowing that I will be challenged, be supported, encouraged, and will have a good laugh or two. I am thankful for each one of you! With out you this congregation would not be the same. I know God has called each one of you to this place at this time. My greatest joy is watching this congregation grow in faith and worship God in all that you do!

During this Thanksgiving season I want to challenge each of you to take a moment to think about what things you are truly thankful for and tell someone about them. Don’t forget to thank God, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment